Mobile equipment operator ( year round all around BC) (Prince george)
compensation: Hourly employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We are currently looking for a Heavy Equipment Operator/Material Handler role that requires the ability to work closely with the team leader to follow instructions for the completion of Heavy Equipment Operator tasks that include:
• Operation of an Excavator and other equipment to sort and move recycled metal into assigned areas to be baled or loaded.
• Load metal bales and loose metal in an effectively manner to ensure they are able to be shipped.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Experience working with scrap metal would be strongly preferred.
• Experience operating a shear, and any other heavy equipment preferably in a scrap metal environment
• 90 day probation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: to be discussed
• 8 hour shift
• Day shift
• Monday to Friday
• Weekend work options available • Hotel and or accommodation provided. • Mobile job all around BC
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Assisting with cleaning and related duties to maintain mobile operations.
• Assisting with yard/facility cleanup and maintenance.
• Following all safety guidelines and protocol, including wearing of all PPE. Steel toed boots required
• Working outside, in dusty/dirty conditions, and around noise.
• Successful candidates must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of the arms and legs, while climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling materials.
Mechanically inclined and willing to do maintenance and repairs when needed.
• Experience with industrial heavy equipment including excavators, front end loaders, forklifts, trucks and heavy machinery
• Experience working with in a high traffic, safety conscious environment.
• Willingness to work outside in all conditions, as well as in a noisy and dusty environment, wearing all required PPE.
• Ability to follow all established safety procedures and protocols.
• Ability to be flexible to changing work conditions and assignments, and work well within a team.
• Excellent oral communication skills.
• Experience working within the Scrap Metal industry an asset.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers